Frequently Asked Questions
Below is a list of Frequently Asked Questions about the PyFreeBilling software :
Who is this software designed for ?
PyFreeBilling is designed for high performance and scalability. It is suitable for residential, business and wholesale VoIP providers.
Features and benefits ?
PyFreeBilling is free and open source software for FreeSwitch, providing telecoms customer management, with flexible inline rating and billing of calls and services in realtime.
There are a some features supported. Most of them are configurable via the web interface. A few of them are:
- Customer add/modify/delete
- IP termination
- SIP authentication
- Prepaid and/or postpaid
- Realtime billing
- Block calls on negative balance (prepaid) or balance under credit limit (postpaid)
- Block / allow negative margin calls
- Email alerts
- Daily balance email to customer
- Limit the maximum number of calls per customer and/or per gateway
- Multiple contexts
- Tons of media handling options
- Powerfull ratecard engine
- Provider add/modify/delete
- Powerful LCR engine
- Routing based on area code
- CLI Routing
- Routing decision based on quality, reliability, cost or load balancing (equal)
- Limit max channels by each provider gateway
- Extensive call and financial reporting screens (TBD)
- CDR export to CSV
- Customer panel
- Design for scalability
… and much more 🙂
Is anyone is running PyFreeBilling in production ?
Yes, in call center environments, in wholesale voip business and residential business.
How many concurrent calls can it supports ?
It depends on the selected hardware, but on one server, it can support 1000 simultaneous calls an many more with multiple freeswitch servers.
How much does it cost ?
It is Free of charge. But do not hesitate to make a donation to help the development.
Is there any installation documentation available ?
Yes, follow the menu link to install documentation
Do you offer support ?